There are three categories of membership in TEGMA:
- Level I: Global companies and Class I Railroads
- Level II: Shippers / recievers - shuttle trains, ports
- Level III: Short line railroads
Associate Members: Any person, firm, or corporation not eligible as an Active Member who is engaged in other phases of the grain industry or has an interest in the activities of terminal elevators.
Affiliate Members: State grain/feed associations and inspection agencies.
- TEGMA speaks as one voice for the industry.
- TEGMA is big enough to be effective but small enough for each individual member to be heard.
- TEGMA is a focused group where members share common interests.